PRE-K Math Classes and Workshops
Our goal is to get students so excited about math that they want to stay after class, and continue doing math at home.
Educational games can make a lasting difference in a child’s later education.
– Early exposure to mathematical thinking and problem solving helps children learn the school curriculum and easily attain the required skills.
– Many children think of math as boring and dry, and they start developing math anxiety as early as first grade.
– We want to capture children’s interest now while they do not have any preconceptions about the subject.
Math Games workshops
Math games workshops are an hour long class during which we introduce the most exciting and engaging educational toys and games.
We believe that learning through play captivates children’s attention like nothing else.
Children can forget what they learn through mindless drilling exercises, but the concepts they learn through games stay with them for life. Our workshops foster children’s natural curiosity by exposing them to a wide range of puzzles, construction sets, mosaics and geometric games.
Registration for workshops
Our classes are a fun introduction to the world of math.
During lessons, we focus on:
– improving number sense: from counting objects to doing simple arithmetic, we help students develop a strong number sense.
– developing logical thinking: kids love solving puzzles and we want to nurture their natural curiosity.
– introduction to spatial reasoning: construction sets and mosaics are a perfect tool to inspire 2D and 3D thinking.
– working as a team: we encourage students to work together, and help them develop the social skills needed for solving complex problems.
Registration for the spring session
English speaking session
Thursdays 2pm – 3pm: 4/5, 4/12, 4/26, 5/3, 5/10, 5/17
Russian speaking session
Fridays 2pm -3pm: 4/6, 4/13, 4/27, 5/4, 5/11, 5/18
Registration and payment
– $150/session. We accept credit and debit card payments via paypal.
– Pro-rated refund will be issued if you decide to drop the class.
– If you are unable to attend all the classes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and depending on space availability, we will try to accommodate your situation.
– Prior registration is required: https://goo.gl/forms/fRaeCMPZKEiI5aVO2